This is a photo of Leichhardt Oval, home of the Rugby league team the Wests Tigers.
Leichhardt was first used as a rugby league ground in 1934. It originally ran East to West but in the 1970s was reconfigured to run North to South as it does today.
Immediately after the reconfiguration it was one of the only grounds to have lights and as a result was used for pre-origin interstate matches and continued to do so until 1981.
Today the Tigers are playing against the Penrith Panthers. Coincidentally the record crowd was from a match between these two teams in 1989. Close to 23,000 people attended that day.